We are seeking an adaptable, detail-oriented, and meticulous QA Engineer to ensure our software bug-free and reliable.
Location: South Africa (Remote / Hybrid)
About the role
A QA (Quality Assurance) Engineer is responsible for ensuring that software products and applications meet the established standards of quality before they are released to the market. They play an important role in the software development life cycle by testing and verifying the functionality, performance, and reliability of software products. You will report to the Head of Engineering.
- Developing and executing test plans, test cases, and test scripts to identify and resolve defects in software products.
- Collaborating with software engineers and product manager to identify and prioritize testing needs.
- Developing and maintaining test environments and tools to support testing activities.
- Conducting functional, performance, and regression testing to ensure that software products meet user requirements and specifications.
- Documenting and reporting defects to software engineers and head of engineering.
- Identifying and implementing process improvements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the software testing process.
- Analyzing testing results and making recommendations for product improvements.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure that software products are developed according to established quality standards.
- Participating in the design and development of software products to ensure that they are testable and meet quality standards.
- 3+ years of solid QA experience in a team
- Experience in startups and agile workspace
- Experience with Cypress
- Experience writing automation tests (Bonus)
- Be able to adapt with the fast-paced nature of the business and learn on the job
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with different teams and stakeholders
- Accountable and Responsible
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mindset
Contact: Riva van Niekerk ([email protected])